Posted by Lyndi
Have you ever had a “bad” brussel sprout experience?
C’mon, you know what I am talking about: tasteless, bland, and oh yeah… mushy, mushy, mushy little balls of mush.
I aim to change your brussel sprouts experience. I believe it is quite possible for you to fall in love with brussel sprouts. And crave them, too.
I jest not.
Since brussel sprouts are in season right now, I thought I would share with you a no-fail recipe for quick and easy (and non-mushy) brussel sprouts.
Quick & Easy Brussel Sprouts in 5 easy steps
1. Trim up ends (where brussel sprout meets the stalk) and peel off a few outer layers of brussel sprouts.
2. Boil water and drop in brussel sprouts.
3. After a few minutes (knife should easily slip in stem) remove and drop them in a bowl of ice water.
4. Slice brussel sprouts in half and add to melted butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper, viola!
There you have it… perfect brussel sprouts! I literally cannot get enough of them and I would be content to eat them morning, noon, and night.
Do you have a favorite way to eat brussel sprouts? If so, please tell, tell!