Friday, November 30, 2012

My Sonny Salt addiction.

nwafoodie sonny salt seasoning memphis


Hello.  My name is Lyndi.  I am addicted to Sonny Salt.

Help me. I can’t stop using this seasoning on everything: eggs, potatoes, turkey burgers, zucchini, squash, chicken, beef, you name it.

No, not in ice cream.

Yet.


I found this seasoning when I was in Memphis for a work assignment recently.  First, the packaging caught my eye.  Packaging always catches my eye, does it yours?  If you had a mug like that, would you put in on a package?

Then I read the ingredients: Salt, onion, garlic, red pepper, cumin, mustard, thyme, sage, black pepper, white pepper, paprika for color and “a pinch of Sonny TLC.”  

All of these you can mix up yourself if you buy bulk spices at Ozark Natural Foods in Fayetteville, the Fresh Market in Rogers, The Dutch Pantry in Huntsville, or Cooks Natural Market in Rogers.

Except you won’t get the “pinch of Sonny TLC.”  You can buy that magic straight from Memphis and have it shipped to you.

Happy spicing!

Lyndi

Eat well, my friends. Eat well.



2 comments:

  1. There was a product like this back in my Texas days that I was absolutely addicted to. Just like you said...I would put that stuff on everything. It was called Hot Salt (wasn't really that spicy) but I can't for the life of me remember the company's name. It was before my food writing days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, I think I found your product: Texas Hot Salt! It's still in business, dude!

      http://www.texastraditions.com/texashotsalt.html

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...